If you don’t know where to go spending your free time this weekend, or perhaps you are looking for some new mobile devices, maybe you should check-in to KLCC and go to GoMobile Expo 2010. It gonna be hosted at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, the same place PIKOM PC Fair organized also. Just go to KLCC, walk a bit to their neighbouring building, which is the convention centre and you will find enough directions to the respective halls.
Here the schedule for the event:
- Friday & Saturday (12-13 Nov 2010): 11am – 9pm
- Sunday (14th Nov 2010): 11am – 8pm
More than 200 booths are expected to join this year expo, with exciting activites throughout the event. One of the highlights would be the “Phone Museum” which will showcase some very old phones, like the Tai-Ko-Tai breifcase-like phone and perhaps some of the first camera phone, or even PDAs. Head on to KLCC this weekend to get some great promotions on mobile devices. Mobile is not just phone nowadays, you will see more smartphones and maybe a lot of tablets too. GPS and some other small devices also *may* being showcase there.
Make sure you survey the prices before you buy, items at expo or exhibition doesn’t always much cheaper than buying at retail shops. Here are some tips for you for purchasing mobiles at expo or exhibition.
- SURVEY prices at multiple booths, don’t be fooled by “free” items or bundled package as it is a no-cost item for them.
- Choose products based on your USAGE, not simply following trends. Sometimes, you don’t need all the features of a smartphone and better suit for standard phones.
- Don’t be shy, TEST your phone before buying it. If it is your first time using full touchscreen phone (without keypad), make sure to have a feel of it for few times and ask yourself if you can adapt to it.
- Just a friendly reminder, give way for other people to test and have a look also.
- If you plan to purchase thru installment payment scheme, better NOT. You can get better deal at retail shop, especially those authorised reseller.
- Ask what the WARRANTY period, and by whom (that specific shop only OR any authorised retailer)
- You may need to know the booth’s actual shop located where, so if there are any problems you can go back to them. Sure you don’t want to go somewhere very far within your location.
- Ask for the salesperson name! (Or even namecard). Just in case of any issues later.
- Keep the receipt securely! Mention for 7 days one-to-one exchange, all booth should have this policy.
- For accessories, ask to test it first, whether with your own phone or the salesperson phone.
- Avoid unknown brands you never heard of. Ask friends if they have buy the products.
Better, make your research first before go there so that you know what to expect. Decide few models within your target budget and features. Going to expo is merely to have a look on the products closely, test it and to survey if the price is right. In case you need some professional, you could contact us.